Inventory Unit Detail
2015 Scag 52" Liberty Z with 24HP Kohler 7000 Series Engine
Call for Price
Same Scag Toughness and Same Legendary Scag Quality.
The Scag Liberty Z is specifically designed for the home owner that wants a high-quality mower but does not need a large, commercial-grade unit. Now, there is no need to take a step down and buy a big box, throw away mower. Now, you can buy something that will last, and perform at a very high level.
The Liberty Z is designed, manufactured and assembled Scag tough, just like every other Scag product. It has a strong, fully fabricated (bent and welded, not stamped) cutter deck that is designed to last a long time, and deliver a beautiful cut. There are self-adjusting belts and sealed bearings throughout the mower to minimize maintenance.
Cover some serious grass with ground speeds up to 7mph and a large capacity fuel tank. The tube steel main frame and a heavy-duty steel bumper give the mower incredible strength and durability. An extra large footplate makes getting on and off the Liberty Z a snap, and changing cutting heights can be done right from the seat. A powerful, yet smooth drive system combined with a Kohler 7000 Series PRO engine delivers plenty of power, even in tall, wet grass. Fast, easy, simple, reliable.
The high-back, contoured, padded seat fits like a glove and is very comfortable. The LIberty Z is so comfortable and fun to drive, you may just find yourself looking for more grass to cut!
Contact your local Scag dealer today and see for yourself how the Scag Liberty Z stands in a class by itself, above the competition.
- Commercial grade cutter deck
- Dual hydraulic transmission drive system
- Up to 7 MPH forward speed for more productivity
- Low maintenance mower design
- Ultra-comfortable operator's platform
- 5.5 gallon fuel capacity
- Ogura PTO Clutch Brake
- Ultra-strong, tubular steel main frame
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles
- Up to 7 MPH forward and 4 MPH reverse speeds deliver maximum productivity. Fast ground speeds will make short work of your residential acreage.
- Fully welded and fabricated, unitized steel main frame design is stronger than "bolt together" or stamped frame designs. This frame is built to last.
- The commercial grade cutter deck is constructed with a 10-gauge top with an 11-gauge reinforcement plate around the spindle mounting area for extra support. The cutter deck skirt is 10-gauge for additional strength. This is not a mass produced, stamped steel deck.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-2800 transaxles put solid, reliable power to the ground. Integrated transaxle has charge pumps and spin-on oil filters and steel plate oil filter guards to protect filters from damage.
- Custom, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the Scag Liberty Z. Adjustable with tools. Fold-up arm rests are optional accessory.
- Ogura G1 PTO clutch brake has lots of torque (74 ft/lbs) for smooth blade engagements and solid holding power in heavy cutting conditions. Adjustable airgap delivers long component life.
- Compact mower size enables you to take the Liberty Z into tight places. The Liberty Z also occupies less space in your garage, leaving more room for other tools and toys.
- 5.5 gallon fuel capacity gives you the liberty to cut vast amounts of grass without having to stop and refuel. The fuel tank features an extra large filler neck for easy refueling.
- Large drive and caster tires ensure solid traction and a smooth ride. Front caster tires: 11 x 4 - 5, 4-ply; Drive tires: 20 x 10 - 8, 2-ply
- Extra large foot plate for improved operator comfort and easier mounting and dismounting of the mower. The pierced, extruded metal tread ensures solid footing.
- Easily adjust cutting heights while seated via. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 4-1/2" in 1/4" increments.
- Foot pedal deck lift features a large knurled peg for "no slip" deck lifting. Spring-assisted design makes lifting the cutter deck easy and smooth.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of worry-free service.
- Spring-loaded, self-adjusting idler arms effortlessly keep all belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and no maintenance.
- All steel pulleys are stronger than plastic pulley designs. This is a Scag....you will not find plastic pulleys on the Liberty Z. Steel dust and debris covers are fitted over idler pulley bearings and spindles to keep foreign material out, extending bearing life.
- Comfortable, adjustable (with tool), fully cushioned seat with optional padded arm rest accessory.
- Padded steering control levers with ultra-smooth dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Levers are adjustable.
- Oil-filled steering dampers are designed and positioned for smooth steering lever operation and minimal control effort.
- 4-corner cutter deck adjustment mechanisms allow for easy deck leveling and pitch adjustment to deliver a smooth, even cut.
- Heavy-duty, no maintenance blade drive spindles provide reliable performance day in and day out; aluminum housings and sealed ball bearings.
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement when parked on inclines. The mower cannot be driven when the brake is applied. This prevents premature brake wear.
- Operator friendly instrument panel is conveniently located just to the left of the operator. It includes an ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Cup holder is molded into the fuel tank to provide added operator convenience and comfort.
- Maintenance-free battery is enclosed within the right side tank molding to prevent external damage and to provide a sleek, clean appearance.
- Engine oil drain makes oil changes easy.
- High-quality electrical components such as switches and tightly woven, custom wiring harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for dependability and long life.
- Digital hour meter only activates when engine is running and is located within easy sight of the operator while in the operating position.
- Productive, time saving accessories like a grass collection system, high-powered halogen lights are available for the Liberty Z.
- SZL52-24KT: 52" Cutter Deck, 24HP Kohler 7000 Series V-twin air-cooled engine
- Engine: 24hp Kohler 7000 Series Pro, air-cooled, twin cylinder, vertical shaft
- Fuel Capacity/Design: 5.5 gallon fuel tank with molded-in cupholder
- Travel Control: Twin padded steering controls with gas dampers for smooth, precise maneuverability. Levers are adjustable.
- Ground Speed: Up to 7mph forward, 5mph reverse
- Main Frame Construction: Steel tube frame, full-length, fully-welded
- Drive Tires: 20 x 10 - 8, 2-ply
- Caster Tires: 11 x 4 - 5, 4 ply
- Caster Pivot Bearings: Sealed ball bearings
- Drive System: Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-2800 integrated transaxles with charge pumps and spin-on oil filters; composite plate oil filter guards protect filters from damage
- Mower Maintenance: Low-maintenance mower design has fewer grease points, saving you maintenance time
- Electrical System: 12 Volt battery. Bendix starter.
- Belts: Kevlar cord. Self-adjusting, spring-loaded, self-tightening.
- Drive/Load Pulleys: Split steel pulleys. Steel dust and debris covers over idler pulley bearings to keep foreign material out and extend bearing life.
- Instrument Panel: Key switch, throttle, manual choke, BBC switch, digital hourmeter
- Seat: Adjustable (tools required), fully cushioned seat
- Foot Plate: Extra-large foot plate for improved comfort; easy to get on and off of mower. Pierced, extruded steel tread ensures solid footing.
- PTO - Electric Clutch: Ogura clutch with adjustable air-gap for long component life
- Cutter Deck: 52” deck. Floating, adjustable, anti-scalping design.
- Cutter Deck Construction: Welded steel with 10-gauge deck skirt, 10-gauge top with 11-gauge reinforcement plate/baffles
- Cutter Deck Drive: Belt driven -- Straight belt for long life, not a twisted “mule” drive
- Anti-Scalp: Two rollers on center-front edge, skid plate at rear-center of deck
- Cutter Deck Spindles: Heavy-duty, no-maintenance spindles with cast aluminum housing & sealed ball bearings; reliable, worry-free performance day in and day out
- Cutter Deck Height Adjustment: Foot pedal lift
- Cutting Range: 1.5” to 4.5” in .25” increments. Easily adjustable while seated.
- Number of Cutter Blades: 3 Marbain blades
- Deck Leveling: 4-corner cutter deck adjustment mechanisms allow for easy deck leveling and pitch adjustment to ensure a smooth, even cut
- Total Length: 73"
- Total Width (with discharge chute in mowing position): 64.5"
- Total Width (with discharge chute in transport position): 53"
- Height: 43"
- Weight: 640 lbs.
- 3 Yr. / 500 Hour Non-Commercial Mower Warranty*—Parts & labor
- 2 Yr. Engine Warranty—Minimum two-year warranty covered directly through the individual engine manufacturer.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 24 hp
- Engine Type
- 7000 Series Pro, air-cooled, twin cylinder, vertical shaft
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-2800 integrated transaxles with charge pumps and spin-on oil filters
- Wheel Size
- Drive: 20 x 10 - 8; Caster: 11 x 4 - 5
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal.
- Deck Size
- 52 in.
- Discharge Type